Mini Mummies

Mini Mummies

I like to come up with funny & original Halloween crafts for my kids – this project is super easy and perfect if you’re looking for a party activity…

Mummies made from rubber coated flexible wire and strips of muslin are easy to make and a look cute hanging around the house for Halloween.

The bendable wire frame allows you to position your mummy any way you like.

Relaxing Dude Mummy.

Yoga Mummy.

To make these you will need: flexible wire (I used a flexible garden tie that I picked up in the dollar spot at Target - but I have seen these at dollar stores too. If you can't find this - look for any flexible wire at craft stores), wire clippers and muslin.

Using the flexible wire, make the frame for your mummy body.

Tear muslin into 1/2-inch strips. I do the "snip and rip" method to speed this up; make a small cut and then rip the rest of the fabric.

Wrap your wire form with muslin strips. Add strips by tying ends together. End muslin with a knot and trim ends.

Let your mummy hang out.
found on:
Mini Mummies | Family Chic

Comments

  1. Oh my goodness that is so awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much, to both of you.

    Suzy- I just entered & I put your button for the parties on the side bar. What a great idea. A party of parties :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those poses are great! That is what made me click over and look. They are so cute and full of personality.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very original! Love the sign, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am pinning this so everyone can bask in your genius. LOVE! I am a new follower from Tatertots and Jello. Vicky @ www.messforless.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my mummy, are these awesome?! My boys would flip over these : ) Love it!! I'm going to share this on my crafty facebook page!
    Jaimee @ craft-interrupted.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment